Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venkatkp
Contributor
Contributor

QMC reload slows network access and file explorer (12.60)

i am setting up a new Qlikview server (Primary and secondary) with version 12.60 in Azure and NAS share is on prem. earlier i reported in another ticket about Message: NO SERVER error, but i actually see the problem to be much larger. while reload of a particular qvw starts using QMC scheduler, i see a consistent pattern of file explorer to the remote file share (NETAPP) is very slow to access (Working on it.... ) and few seconds to a minute. this in turn slows down the 6 minute job run to almost more than a hour using the qvd files placed in  the remote folders.

This slow access to file share is also leading to Access point throwing MEssage : No Server, which is primarily due to the slow access to the file share. 

There are 3 problems

1. Reload through QMC very slow when i exeucted a particular qvw

2. when the qvw is refreshing access to file share through windows explorer keeps spinning and take a minute to get to the folder

3. accesspoint during this reload is throwing an error MEssage: No Server. 

Can any one throw some light on what;s possibly causing this reload to freeze the file explorer to the remote folder. 

the funny part is i am setting up this new qlik server in an active-active server but active-passive application configuration. the same qvw takes 6-8 minutes to process from secondary qlik server but the primary is playing up. we explored all the options around networks DFS paths etc but we and even changed the DFS server same as secondary box where the reload is quicker.  i personally feel some thing with qlikview reload process at os level is holding locks etc and the access is very slow.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@vankatkp

QlikView relies heavily on the the backend file system. It is recommended to have separate file shares for QVS and Publisher.

Do you have the publisher on a second machine or both at the same? 

How is the general resource consumption on the Server?

Have you tested to copy a very large file form the Windows Server to the remote file share? 

See

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/QlikView-and-its-backend-File-Share-System/ta-p/1713428

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Does-QlikView-Support-NAS-Storage/ta-p/1710248

venkatkp
Contributor
Contributor
Author

QlikView relies heavily on the the backend file system. It is recommended to have separate file shares for QVS and Publisher.

* Yes they are separate servers. QVS still sits on the C Drive with configurations. It's a simple setup where almost every qlikview items are sitting in the Azure VM and just the QVD's/QVW are sitting in a File share (NETAPP storage device). The current on prem has the same setup which is running since 2013 from earlier versions. We are trying to upgrade to 12.60 (May 2021)

Do you have the publisher on a second machine or both at the same?

* We are having the publisher on the same box (active - active configuration with 2 separate QVS/QVP)

How is the general resource consumption on the Server?

* Yes both VM's in Azure are highly spec'd and generally in my experience I have not seen such a big config for the reports we are running.

Have you tested to copy a very large file form the Windows Server to the remote file share?

* Yes they are copying well there is a difference of few seconds comparing on-prem (onPrem file share to OnPrem VM) and Azure (On-Prem Fileshare to Azure VM)