Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

QMC says "failed", but log shows no error - what happened?

Hi,

I have a problem here:

I have a small app that checks the contents of a certain directory - there should be 2 files there, following a certain pattern. If there are not exactly 2 files or that pattern is not right, an email is triggered.

That app works fine when I reload it locally.

This morning it was reloaded automatically on the Server and failed - there was an error in the logic which I repaired already. Now, however, when I launch it manually in QMC, it still turns red and says "failed"

<=> BUT the app-log finishes with the normal "EXIT" and I can find no error in there.

Can anyone help me there?

I will post the app-log for a start, but I can post the actual script_code, too, if you need it. There's nothing secret about this.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: You see in the log one line "IF Weekday(Today()) = 'Fri'  THEN" - the piece of code inside that loop (though I'm not sure why the closure of that loop is not in there) is clearly not executed - if it was, the code would be sure to fail because that loop is for a sub-directory where the files for the following week should be and thus, from Mon-Thu, it is very improbable that there should be 2 files as expected ...

11 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Joe,

that was not it - the server was now (after introducing the parameter 0 into the TODAY() function) skipping the code - the alert, which works on the GUI - was then looking at a variable that didn't exist. So it fired anyway.

I introduced the same WEEKDAY() function into the alert now and it works fine.

Not applicable

ah no worries, good to know and glad you got it sorted