Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Join us at the Cloud Data and Analytics Tour! REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohanLind1979
Contributor II
Contributor II

QS Pivot Table Sorting with Set Expression

Hello, I´m trying to implement Pivot Table Sorting with the help of this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiMlRVJWmsk

My problem is that I need to use the ' sign in my formula. Since the entire formula needs to be put into a variable as text with ' sign, then the SET expression and If statement don´t work. I tried to use chr(39) in the SET expression and if statement, which works perfectly in a text box, but not when I´m using the variable input buttons.

Original expression that I want to use for sorting:

-sum({<Version={'Actuals'}>} if(DisplayCurrency='SEK',Amount/FactorNr, if(DisplayCurrency='EUR',AmountEUR/FactorNr, if(DisplayCurrency='DKK',AmountDKK/FactorNr, if(DisplayCurrency='NOK',AmountNOK/FactorNr,'0')))))

I tried this for the variable input:

'sum({<Version={'&chr(39)&'Actuals'&chr(39)&'}>} if(DisplayCurrency='&chr(39)&'SEK'&chr(39)&',Amount/FactorNr, if(DisplayCurrency='&chr(39)&'EUR'&chr(39)&',AmountEUR/FactorNr, if(DisplayCurrency='&chr(39)&'DKK'&chr(39)&',AmountDKK/FactorNr, if(DisplayCurrency='&chr(39)&'NOK'&chr(39)&',AmountNOK/FactorNr,'&chr(39)&'0'&chr(39)&')))))'&'~one|2~two'

The first chr(39) seems to be interpreted as '. But as soon as I put in anything after the first chr(39), then the variable vPivotSort gets blank.  For example 'sum({<Version={'&chr(39) works fine, but 'sum({<Version={'&chr(39)&'Actuals' gives me a blank variable.

What can I do to solve this problem?

0 Replies