Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vinayqv2019
Contributor II
Contributor II

QV Report tab not opening some time with error Lost connection to server

Hi Team,

1. User raised issue that when they try to open specific tab they got error Lost connection to server. When I use the same report it is opening for me.

2. User has NL access and one of the report is not opening for user blank screen after some time lost session. Same report I am able to open with my NL access.

Could you please suggest on this as this is blocking user to access the report via A

3 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi!
Can you clarify what you mean by "NL access"?
Is there any difference between how you and the user are accessing the document? For instance: plugin vs AJAX?
In the moment when the user is experience the issue, are other users able to connect?
Have you checked the logs for possible issues?

This article is always a good starting point for troubleshooting issues.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Vinayqv2019
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the reply,

NL access is Named Licenses in QV

Me and user is using the same link which is access point link

Other user are able to connect to that report

Thanks and Regards,

Vinay

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

So there is a socket timeout with the Ajax client, if the QVS does not respond to the web server within the setting time, default is 60 seconds, the session will 'reset/reconnect', this goes for long running calculations once in the application as well, so you may need to increase the SocketTimeOutInSeconds setting to a higher value, about the best I have given the limited info, if you can provide screenshots or logs, may be able to do some further digging into things.

Here is an article for the setting change:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000042484

I would try that and let us know if it works or not.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.