Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV interprets value wrong

Hey Community!

I am facing a Problem where Qlikview doesn't Interpret a value as it should do. The Scenario is as follows:

I have a value called CPK-WertAsIs. It looks like this:

2,0109445532776422E+00

I would like to transform this value into a number by eliminating the last 4 Digits. In the file attached, this value is called CPK-WertTransformed". With this value i would like to create normal bar Charts. Unfortunately QV always tells me: "No data to Display"

I attached a file where you can see how it looks like. In the script you will see how i transformed the value. (i tried several different methods, not of it worked though...)

I would really appreciate any suggestions!

regards

Sebastian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Try converting like this.

num(num#(Left([cpk-Wert (ZZQ_QASH_STAT-CPK_ALL)],18),'#,##################',',','.')) as [CPK-WertTransformed],

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It looks like the data in those fields are text not values

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Try converting like this.

num(num#(Left([cpk-Wert (ZZQ_QASH_STAT-CPK_ALL)],18),'#,##################',',','.')) as [CPK-WertTransformed],

Regards

ASHFAQ

mseeck75
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Sebastian,

I checked your problem.

First Adrian is right, your CPK-WertTransformed column is interpreted as text value. You can see that if you looks to the properties of your document under the table tab on the lower box(fields).

I tried to convert it simple by using the num# function but it don't work. It seems for me that qv has a problem with your column names. I think it would be better to use an underscore in column names rather than then - sign.

Nevertheless, I loaded your datamodel per binary load into a new qv app like this:

Binary cpkvalue.qvw;

T2:

Load Regelkarte as R1,

[CPK-WertTransformed] as R2

Resident QM014;

If I now create a bar chart it works. Maybe there is something corrupt in your old app.

BR

Matthias

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq!

Your solution worked fine! Can you tell me what the difference to my Initial solution is?

regrads and thank you very much!