Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV knows better - issue with field format

Hi,

During support phase of my application one of users found interesting issue.

QV when loading data overrides source data formatting - when it should be text, QV takes number format. What is more interesting, format is aligned to first row entered into the field.

Example:

I have xlsx file with following data, those are strings stored in text column, which can be interpreted as numbers in different formats.

IDTEST_NUMBER
11E0
91 zł

Now when data is loaded to QV application is using first used format and displaying following:

IDTEST_NUMBER
11E0
21E0
31E0
41E0
51E0
61E0
71E0
81E0
91E0
101E0

I know that there is a workaround (Leading 0 in Text field Qlikview transforms data incorrectly) but is there any other smart way to turn off this 'intelligent' behavior? I just want to see original input, without rebuilding completely all my scripts.

Thanks in advance for help. Attached QV and Excel files for reference.

Best regards,

Piotr

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

How about loading it like this:

LOAD ID,

Text(TEST_NUMBER) as TEST_NUMBER

FROM

[TEST_FILE.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for reply, that's the workaround I mentioned. To be precise - this will not work with SQL loads I'm using with my applications. First I have to load empty table with all fields, then enter data with SQL query. Due to this my scripts will be much much longer, as I have to put a lot of empty tables first before loading the data.

So my scripts for every table looks like:

Table1:

LOAD

ID,

Text(TEST_NUMBER) as TEST_NUMBER

;

SQL SELECT

ID,

TEST_NUMBER

FROM

SOURCE_TABLE

;

What I'm looking for is permanent solution (turning off/on some option, changing any setting), if it doesn't exist I have to spend some time to amend all my scripts.

Best regards,

Piotr