Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III

QVD file is being shown in Notepad format

Hi Guys,

I have tried to open QVD with Notepad and my QVD file is showing in the form of HTML in notepad. Is there a way I can change the format back. I am unable to extract data from that notepad.

Can anyone help me

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Varun

swuehl

sunny

11 Replies
rabbani_sk
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Varun/all,

If i understand your question correctly, your requirement is to change back the original look and feel of the qvd file.

In order to do that, follow the below steps,

Right click on the qvd file--> Open with--> Choose another App-->Look for another app on this PC-->then you can browse to any qlikview application (by selecting All files option)--> open any application and close it .

Again go to .qvd file and right click -->open with --> you can find the .qvd original file format option just select and it will revert back the look and feel of your .qvd file .

Thanks and regards,

Rabbani Shaik

Edge
Creator
Creator

Hi,

just wanted to add my opinion here as well. There is no qvd with notepad format. The reason that qvd file shows the notepad icon is that notepad is the program assotiated with opening it in the windows system. 

See what I mean in the attached images. What I did is I created a text file (.txt format). Then changed it's format to (.piggback) which caused it's icon to change to a white paper. When I opened it with notepad and choose to have notepad as the default program, the file icon changed to the notepad icon.