Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVDirectoryServiceConnector trying to consume 9 GB?!?!?

Hi all,

We're having a catastrophic issue with our QV server crashing on us just about every day now. I would LOVE some help on this. Here are the event logs:

Event Log (System) Error Message

---------------------------------------------------------------

Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: QVDirectoryServiceConnector.exe (1512) consumed 10241376256 bytes, Qv.exe (3360) consumed 904384512 bytes, and QVS.exe (11908) consumed 309366784 bytes.

Source:  Resource-Exhaustion-Detect

Level:  Warning

Event ID:  2004

---------------------------------------------------------------

The bottom line here is that it seems  that the QVDirectoryServiceConnector.exe has some sort of memory leak.  We have also experienced issues with keeping that process running.  Many times we would log in randomly and that process would be stopped.  Is anyone else experiencing issues like this?  The behavior that happens (eventually) is that the machine becomes TOTALLY unresponsive and requires a hard reboot to recover.

Also, separately, what is that process (QVDirectoryServiceConnector.exe) responsible for?  If we stop the service users can still authenticate (users are all local to the machine - no AD).  Thoughts?

We have a major demo tomorrow and I am terrified that the system will crash on me mid demo.

Thanks so much in advance!

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Dod you find some solution? We have very similar situation for one customer. Authentication through local users (no AD) and QVDirectoryServiceConnector.exe usage of memory reaching 7-9 GB at the end of day. So we have to reastart QV server processes each morning to avoid crashing the system.

Not applicable
Author

yes, we did. A few things were off, apparently, and I don't know the full extent so hopefully this helps.

The major problem was that the system was set to write to the log files every 15 minutes but instead it was writing every 15 milliseconds. A QV bug apparently that was resolved by QV Support. Not sure how they did it but it sounded like a reinstallation of [something]

Our network engineer handled this so all I heard was a summary report. If you contact support, they should be able to figure it out and resolve.

If you need to hear from our network engineer, send me your email and I'll have Norm give you a more complete answer.