Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS not started

Hi

We have a client where the Qlikview Service is not strting up. According to Local Services it has started up. We are using a AD account with rights, all the other services are started, QMC is showing that only QVS is not started. The Client has Kaspersky installed which is also handing the firewall. We have added exclusions on the Qlikview folders in ProgramData, Program Files, also on the QVS exe specifically, open up the follwoing ports

Still we cannot get Qlikview Service to start

Anything else I am missing

26 Replies
Not applicable
Author

That is sorted now, got QMC up and running

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Then add Your licencekey, after that Your qvs service will start.

Not applicable
Author

See attached , I cannot enetr the license key, everything is greyed out

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Is it not possible to add Serial number and controll code?

Not applicable
Author

No greyed out, and with error on the right side server is down

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Here? Is this area greyed out?

qvs.PNG

Not applicable
Author

I can get a cursor in there but not type anything. I spoke to our Local Qlikview office in our country, they say you can start the server without it being licensed, then you should be able to enter the licensing

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Is this a stand alone server? All services on the same server?

Not applicable
Author

Part of a VM, one of 3 servers on the VM, Only one of them is a Qlikview server, one is a Glassfish server, one a SQL server and then the One Qlikview server. We have it running at all our clients like that, first one where we picked up this problem,

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

if you try to start Your QVS service in services.msc, will you have a error Message?