Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeZe
Contributor II
Contributor II

QVW is closed automaticly when I try to open them

I'm working with QlikView V12.3 and I have a license.

When I try to open a QVW then the opening process starts (user, password are prompted) and then QlikView closes without loading any data. If I try to open them with an started QliView then the program will be closed.

This happens not with all of the QVW but with certain files.

Do anyone know why this happen and how to solve that issue?

thanks a lot

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

There are various possibilities why this could happens (corrupt file, release mismatch between creating/saving/opening release, section access, OnOpen actions/macros, prj-folder, corrupt datamodel, ...).

I would look if there is any backup of the app (especially one without section access) and then if any colleague could open the app and may store a copy without section access, any action/macro stuff and so on and also sharing the script, tableviewer-image and similar to comprehend what happens within the app.

If this isn't possible you could try to open the app without data.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

BeZe
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Marcus

Thanks a lot for your response - that gave me the right input.

The problem was on an OnOpen action which led to the issue.

best regards
Beat

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rushikale0106
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @BeZe ,

Try following this link for help. It might give you the solution for your issue.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-QlikView/My-QVW-is-closed-automaticly/td-p/1642313

Let me know if it solves the issue.

Regard,

Rushi

BeZe
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Rushi,

Unforgettably it doesn't help. The issue still exists.

regards

BeZe 

marcus_sommer

There are various possibilities why this could happens (corrupt file, release mismatch between creating/saving/opening release, section access, OnOpen actions/macros, prj-folder, corrupt datamodel, ...).

I would look if there is any backup of the app (especially one without section access) and then if any colleague could open the app and may store a copy without section access, any action/macro stuff and so on and also sharing the script, tableviewer-image and similar to comprehend what happens within the app.

If this isn't possible you could try to open the app without data.

- Marcus

BeZe
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Marcus

Thanks a lot for your response - that gave me the right input.

The problem was on an OnOpen action which led to the issue.

best regards
Beat