Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sangtdle
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik.Engine.MethodInvocationException: Forbidden [403]:Forbidden(Object read error.)

I have an ASP.NET MVC 5 application that connects to Qlik. I have run the IIS process under a local account (IIS Pool Identify account) with the following permissions:

• Administrators
  • Users
  • IIS_IUSRS

The application successfully connects to Qlik with all of these permissions.

However, due to project requirements, I now need to revoke the Administrators permission. When I do this, I receive the following exception: "Qlik.Engine.MethodInvocationException: Forbidden [403]: Forbidden(Object read error.)"

Qlik.Engine.MethodInvocationException: Forbidden [403]:Forbidden(Object read error.) at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult() at Qlik.Sense.JsonRpc.RpcConnection.<SendAsync>d__131.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult() at Qlik.Engine.LocationExtensions.<GetAppIdentifiersAsync>d__19.MoveNext()

I have added certificates to both the Personal and Trusted Root Certification Authorities of this local account. Is there a way to ensure that the Qlik connection will continue to work properly if I revoke the Administrators' permissions for this local account?

Labels (2)
0 Replies