Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sangtdle
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik.Engine.MethodInvocationException: Forbidden [403]:Forbidden(Object read error.)

I have an ASP.NET MVC 5 application that connects to Qlik. I have run the IIS process under a local account (IIS Pool Identify account) with the following permissions:

• Administrators
  • Users
  • IIS_IUSRS

The application successfully connects to Qlik with all of these permissions.

However, due to project requirements, I now need to revoke the Administrators permission. When I do this, I receive the following exception: "Qlik.Engine.MethodInvocationException: Forbidden [403]: Forbidden(Object read error.)"

Qlik.Engine.MethodInvocationException: Forbidden [403]:Forbidden(Object read error.) at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult() at Qlik.Sense.JsonRpc.RpcConnection.<SendAsync>d__131.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult() at Qlik.Engine.LocationExtensions.<GetAppIdentifiersAsync>d__19.MoveNext()

I have added certificates to both the Personal and Trusted Root Certification Authorities of this local account. Is there a way to ensure that the Qlik connection will continue to work properly if I revoke the Administrators' permissions for this local account?

Labels (2)
0 Replies