Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmuhammad
Creator
Creator

Qlik having problem with some values, changing them to zero

Hi all

I am having challenges with the values in curr grade field. When ever Qlik finds a value 0E? (range 1- 300) it changes it to zero.

See attached example. Any suggestions to work around?? my suspicion is that it has something to do with Exponential  x to the power

data.PNGqlik.PNG

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You're right, the automatic number interpretation kicks in, use Text() to avoid this:

LOAD EMPLID, MONTH, YEAR, Text(GRADE2) as GRADE2, LEFT, LEN, RIGHT, MASK

FROM [EXPO ERR.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels);

sunny_talwar

Try this

LOAD EMPLID, MONTH, YEAR, Text(GRADE2) as GRADE2, LEFT, LEN, RIGHT, MASK

FROM [EXPO ERR.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels);

rmuhammad
Creator
Creator
Author

This issue is bit more complicated. Actual I am loading it from DB2 SQL and i used CHAR() but it didnt help. Only work around so far I found is to insert some character in value and after the load use text(replace()).

SELECT  CHAR(CURR_GRADE ) AS CH,

CASE WHEN (CURR_GRADE LIKE '0E%') THEN CONCAT(CONCAT(LEFT(CURR_GRADE,2),'|'), RIGHT(CURR_GRADE,LENGTH(CURR_GRADE)-2)) END AS TEST ,

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you tried using a preceding LOAD with the Text() function?

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Hi

You can try

Text(Grade2) as Grade2 while loading

rmuhammad
Creator
Creator
Author

in the load I have inserted pipe sign

CASE WHEN (CURR_GRADE LIKE '0E%') THEN CONCAT(CONCAT(LEFT(CURR_GRADE,2),'|'), RIGHT(CURR_GRADE,LENGTH(CURR_GRADE)-2)) END AS TEST ,

then used function Replace() to remove | character and applied Text(). This is the only successful work around I have found

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You are note using preceding LOAD, right? As Stefan suggests, this a very simple "work around".

You could solve many simular problem With Preceding LOAD.