Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.
I try to develope my first QV App with direct discovery. For access to MS SQL I use OLEDB connectionstring.
In QlikView Desktop works direct discovery fine. But on AccessPoint I get an error "direct query failed".
I cannot find why. AccessPoint and QV Desktop are on the same server.
OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;...;STAFF:LOAD Name, ID;SQL SELECT *FROM dbo."V_STAFF";DIRECT_DISCOVERY:DIRECT QUERY DIMENSION ID MEASURE AMOUNT DETAIL DATEFROM dbo."V_TEST";
I ran into a similar problem. My issue was related to not having the Qlik web service added to the security of the SQL database. Once I added this on, I was able to use Direct Discovery (but still had issues with the Section Access part of things).
Please just remove the table name from direct query.
DIRECT QUERY DIMENSION ID MEASURE AMOUNT DETAIL DATEFROM dbo."V_TEST";