Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView 9 Personal Edition

Hi all,

i'm a little confused about QlikView 9 Personal Edition.
Is this the main version of it?
Does it upgrade my 8.5, or does it install seperately?

answers on a postcard.....

thanks in advance,

Matt

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Its a separate installation..

-Raghu

Not applicable
Author

in that case, is it a full product that I would use instead of 8.5, or is 9 only used for certain things.

Sorry for asking a potentially stupid question 😄

Not applicable
Author

No, it is a full product with including extra features.

-Raghu

Not applicable
Author

Keep in mind that unless you apply a valid license key any documents created in v9.0 Personal Edition cannot be shared with other users without the use of QlikView Server. It is truly 'personal'!

Not applicable
Author

I have a valid license key for 8.5 and our x64 Server so I guess I should be ok.
Just a little unsure whether to replace my 8.5 with 9. I thought usually upgrades replace the existing installation, not create a new one.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have downloaded the personal edition and I'm trying to use the tutorial files provided with the personal edition release. It tells me that this is not allowed - however, the documentation seems to say that I should be able to open any files provided with the release. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cathal

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

They are supposed to work. Unfortunately we let the tutorials go without the necessary enablement for the P/E version. Apologies

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

I should have added the an enabled set of tutorials are now available for all users at www.qlik.com/download - select Documentation, 9.0 and you will find a ZIP file of the tutorials. You will be able to open these with your Personal Edition

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Your existing 8.5 license is going to 'enable' the 9.0 install (if on the same machine) and you will have a full desktop client available to you. Install on a clean machine and if no valid license is found, the client will be a "Personal Edition" version - as mentioned by others all the functionality, just unable to share QlikViews or use the QlikView's built by others (those built under your own 8.5 installation included).

Many folks both during the beta period and post release have both 8.5 and 9.0 running side by side on their desktops. Definitely recommend installing to a different directory but should find that there is no contention or overwriting of your original install. And of course you will want to ensure that you retain 'production' 8.5 versions of your QVW's in the event that your exploration of 9.0 leads to adding features or capabilities in a file that are not available in the prior release (QVW will open but you will get blanks or 'different' appearances).