Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHurleySteward
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView Alert Email sends much later than triggered?

I've been playing around with Alert emails to inform me when certain things occur during the load.  I'm on QVServer (with publisher) and Desktop May2021SR1.  The email triggers and sends, but it comes out hours later than it should have been triggered, and with a datetime that is all wrong.  Alert looks like this:

SHurleySteward_0-1638909030360.png

Basically, I want it to send an email if the vPlaybookLoadDate has a datetime that is within an hour if running the load.  Or at least that's what I'm trying to accomplish with the vPlaybookLoadDate >= ( NOW() -.04 )

The Alert has this as the body:

='ED Enterprise Scorecard has refreshed the MOR/Playbook info at ' & DATE(vPlaybookLoadDate, 'M/D/YYYY h:mmtt') & ' for ' & vNPrintingPlaybookMonth & '.'

Which produces this:

ED Enterprise Scorecard has refreshed the MOR/Playbook info at 12/7/2021 12:35pm for November 2021. 

And was sent at 12/7/2021 at 12:39pm.

All that looks great!... except that the dashboard was loaded at 5:30am and the vPlaybookLoadDate is set to 12/7/2021 5:36am.

SHurleySteward_1-1638909182025.png

So why is it sending 7 hours after it should have been triggered, and replacing the contents of my vPlaybookLoadDate with a completely different time than when it was loaded?  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SHurleySteward
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Well, I feel silly.  Turns out the report is on our test server, which looks exactly the same, except that it loads at 12:30 in the afternoon.  Guess which server was sending the email...

Now I need to figure out why our production server isn't obeying the email alert triggers.  But at least it explains why the emails are sending 6 hours late with the wrong datestamp.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SHurleySteward
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Well, I feel silly.  Turns out the report is on our test server, which looks exactly the same, except that it loads at 12:30 in the afternoon.  Guess which server was sending the email...

Now I need to figure out why our production server isn't obeying the email alert triggers.  But at least it explains why the emails are sending 6 hours late with the wrong datestamp.