Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frozen2
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView Report

Hi,

I have been given a project to transfer all the reports(graphs) from QlikView to Power BI. I couldn't find any way so decided to make all the graphs by myself in Power BI and now the problem is I am not able to figure out which table or the column has been used to generate that graph. There is a query performed to generate that graph but it seems very difficult to understand.

Hope anyone can help me with that.

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Frozen2

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

There is no easy / automatic way to do this. You'll have to go over each object, look at each of its dimensions and measures, and then isolate those in the script to find out where each of them is from and what script logic might have been applied to them after they were loaded from the original data source. Qlik's engine and Power BI's engine simply don't speak the same language...

Frozen2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Okay, Thank you for your advice. Also, I am not really familiar with QlikView. Is there any way to learn and understand QlikView more in-depth or any group to join for help?

Or
MVP
MVP

There should be plenty of tutorials and such online (a cursory Google search turned up a bunch), and QlikCommunity right here can answer specific questions (within reason). Depending on how complex the QlikView application is, you might be able to easily pick it up or it could be very difficult, as QlikView is an entire ETL engine in additional to being a front-end BI tool. If the QlikView application is highly complex, I would advise against trying to learn QlikView in-depth just to convert it to another platform, but that's up to you. Sometimes it's easier to just start from scratch and re-design the application than it is to reverse engineer the existing one.

Frozen2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

OK, Thank you for your advice & help. It really means a lot. 

Scott9733
Contributor
Contributor

@Frozen2 wrote:

Hi,

I have been given a project to transfer all the reports(graphs) from QlikView to Power BI. I couldn't find any way so decided to make all the graphs by myself in Power BI and now the problem is I am not able to figure out which table or the column has been used to generate that graph. There is a query performed to generate that graph but it seems very difficult to understand. Target Gift Card Balance

Hope anyone can help me with that.

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Frozen2

There is no easy / automatic way to do this. You'll have to go over each object, look at each of its dimensions and measures, and then isolate those in the script to find out where each of them.