Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView crashing on Select In Field trigger action

Hi all. So I've come up with a way to filter a field by pasting in a column from an Excel spreadsheet. What I found was that I could create a variable, I'll call it ExcelFilter. I then went to Document Settings > Triggers, and created an OnInput action for that variable. I created a Select in Field action to filter the field in question, and in the search string I put this:

='(' & replace(replace(trim(ExcelFilter), '

','|'),' ','|') & ')'

Then, I just created an Input Box object and tied it to ExcelFilter. So now, I can take an Excel spreadsheet, highlight and copy a column that corresponds to the field I want to filter, paste it into the Input Box, and it will filter down the field to the list I pasted in, one value per row.

Now, this worked at first, but then I realized that if I pasted in too many rows, it would crash QlikView. I'm not sure exactly what the limit is, but it's somewhere around 5000 values. I don't know why this is happening, and I'm fairly certain that this wasn't always the case. When I first started playing with it a couple weeks ago it was working with a large number of rows. Now, for some reason, it crashes both in IE and on the desktop. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

Eric

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, let me clarify.

So this crashing only appears on my machine that's 64bit Qlikview 10 SR1 (Win7). I don't seem to see this problem on my 32bit QlikView 10 SR2 machine (XP). The server is also SR1. Is there any bug associated with this in QV10 SR1? Or is it 64 vs 32bit?