cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview 11 Report Option --Banding/Looping using alternate states

I have a Qlikview 11 question. 

I'm working on a Qlikview project that requires the use of multiple "alternate states" throughout the dashboard.  When creating a report out of one of the charts in the dashboard (i.e. using the "Reports" option), I need to use the "Banding/Looping" option so when a PDF is created, it will create multiple copies of the chart based on an object (i.e. a chart for each country for the object "Country").

When creating the PDF report, Qlikview will loop but will not pick up the Country names--it will print the same chart.  If I build the same dashboard and report and do not use "alternate state", the report will create the desired PDFs with a chart for each country.

My question is, how do  you use the "Banding/Looping" option when building a report in Qlikview when your dashboard contains several "alternate states". 

Also, if this is an issue for the Qlikview application, do you know if the same issue exist in the NPrinting application?

Thank you.

2 Replies
phreesia_qv
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

we have the same issue.  apparently this is not possible.

rolandraijmaker
Contributor III
Contributor III

I Think I have a solution; but it isn't a nice one.

Report printing and banding is base on the <default state>

It's important if you use the default state you define it in a new state

So I dit following:

- Button

- Action 1:  Copy Swap state  parameter 1:  my first alternate state; parameter 2:  leave blank of $

- Action 2:  Printer report parameter 1:  Report ID.