Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Beginner

hi,

Im new to qlikview and i'm trying to create a list box that shows the list of phone numbers i have in my database but it keeps showing me this error. is it from my database or qlikview and how can i solve it ..i only want the phone numbers i.e the value

Untitled.png

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ben,

I think the problem is how you load the data to QV. Can you please attach your script code?

Elena

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

A list box will just show you the data in the field, unless you have used the expression.

Could you supply a little more info?

Mark

r3iuk
Creator
Creator

Can you post the loading script?  Also where is the data being loaded from (e.g. excel or csv file, of from a database connection)?

Not applicable
Author

the data is being loaded from a connection (sqlexpress) all i had to was select the table and the fields are automatically generated from the database...the only issue is everything works fine except for this particular field

imhappiee
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Ben Kel,

You can use Sub field to get this. try the below way, let me know if you  need further help.

data:

LOAD * INLINE [

Set

[{"Anand":"Mobile":"Value":"878418484"}]

[{"Arun":"Mobile":"12":"7976545618"}]

];

datacheck:

Load Set,

Subfield(Set,'"',8)as mobile

Resident data;

drop table data;

exit script;

Anand

marcus_sommer

There are several different values included in one column. You could split them within the load with subfield() or various string-functions if you need all of these values.

If you only need the number from them you could load this field with keepchar:

Load

keepchar(CustomData, '0123456789') as PhoneNumber

- Marcus

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

HI Ben,

you need to post an example app!

Andy