Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mansi_dv
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview Partial reload on open in console

Hi All,

I have an application in QlikView where I need to take the username of the user who logs in to the console, pass it to the script and do a partial reload based on that user.

I have set trigger 'On Open', where a variable is set with value of OSUser(). I am also successfully able to pass it to the script and using partial reload manually, achieve the goal when I am actually using the .qvw file from server.

I have 2 open questions though:

1. How to achieve this partial reload from console on open? I mean I need to set the variable based on OSUser() and run a partial reload when the user opens it from console. I could not see the External Action for Reload on Trigger events. One option is to provide a button which user can click to reload the app. But this will change the user experience on an existing app. I mean I need to implement this in a app that is in use by users since very long and first preference would be to not change their experience.
  2. If there is a way to reload the app without the button, or even if I use the button to reload it, how to associate with Management console to the task to do a partial reload? I know there exists a checkbox  in the 'Reload' tab in 'Source Documents' but, there has to be a way to associate the task to the click of the button. My requirement is, the app reloads once a month on 1st of every month and then partial reloads based on users as explained above.

Please note, section access is not an option here as I already have it applied based on AD Group names and I am afraid, altering that to base it on username would be very difficult as there are other column level restrictions based on that.

Thanks

Mansi

Labels (2)
6 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe you could use EDX for this scenario, see: QlikView Triggering EDX Enabled Tasks ‒ QlikView but it's probably not trivial. Personally I would rather tend to set the section access on the needed access-level because it's a single solution for the tasks and not mixing multiple approaches just to to control the access.

- Marcus

laticiabirch
Contributor
Contributor

@marcus_sommer wrote:

Maybe you could use EDX for this scenario, see: QlikView Triggering EDX Enabled Tasks ‒ QlikView but it's probably not trivial. Personally I would rather tend to set the section access on the needed access-level because it's a single solution for the tasks and not mixing multiple approaches just to to control the access.

- Marcus slope game

Good to know thanks!

mansi_dv
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Marcus.

I have applied section access but it does not completely match my scenario. My scenario is, I have a column called Supplier in my application and I have a Supplier-UserID mapping. I need to identify who logs in, show the transactional data to the user based on his Supplier mapping:

1. Show his own Supplier data up to latest month

2. Show other Supplier's data some 10 months old.

I applied section access and it filters out to show only the current user's data, and all the other supplier data is lost. Ideally this is how section access should behave.

Can you please help me understand if there is a workaround to implement the above scenario using section access?

marcus_sommer

In this case you need to combine both information, like:

User & '|' & MonthYear as UserPeriodKey

within the section access and within the normal data-model. Of course it will cost some efforts but usually is such an approach easier and means less work as implementing an access control with multiple methods.

- Marcus

mansi_dv
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Marcus, I will definitely try this!!!

Pierce9603
Contributor
Contributor

@McDVOICE wrote:

- Marcus

Thanks for the information keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.