Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II

Qlikview Server License Lease

Hi Experts,

Recently I have installed Qlikview Server Small Business Edition In my Local Machine with Desktop User Domain and Name.

I got 5 Named User CALs in License. Already one is assigned to me.

Next I have taken the License Lease from server and setup my Qlikview Desktop , able to open the earlier license qlivkiew files also.

Now is it possible to give the license lease to one more Machine. I mean how to assign the another Named User CAL to one more person without AD Groups. Just to use QlikView Desktop on another machine with license lease is possible or not.

Plese help on assigning one more Named User CAL.

Thanks in Advance.

15 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you keep running QV Desktop as the user that leased the license, it will be ok. Or at least that's how it used to work. Maybe I'm getting behind (highly possible 🙂 but I don't particularly remember Qlik as a company that occasionally relaxes licensing policies. And they're right about that, I think. Should check it out.

Unfortunately I can't do that right now 😞

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Seems to work for me even when I close / reopen the desktop client.

Well, don't get them worked up...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, don't get them worked up...

Ok, I was going to remove the bottom remark, but unfortunately you already replied. Do you mind if I rremove it?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

No.

bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Stefan,

I have taken my friend Windows user credentials with Domain\Username and entered in the mange users like below and assigned Named CAL to him. Now Two Named CALs are in Use out of 5 I have.

His domain name is different and my domain name is different.

When he tried to open Qlikview personal edition as open in server for license lease, after entering his user credentials getting the below error. Please let me know Am I missed anything.

Thanks in Advance.

Assigned user.png

personal edition server.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I was talking about creating a local user for your friend on the system you are running the QV server.

(i.e. create a Windows user using Windows user management dialog, not the QV stuff)

Have you done this?

Then you can add this user same way like your user to the QV user list and assign a named CAL.

There might be another issue related to ports not open for connection:

Ports, protocols to open in firewall for QV Server 10 or 11 ?