Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashu237
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview System Field manupulation

Hello Everyone 

I have been stuck in one task where i am trying to figure out that , how can we restrict qlikview system field $field to show only the data we want. 

For example we have below data in system &field 

$field

Customer

quarter

country 

region 

product

From above data i just want to see the, Customer , quarter , and country fields in $field . Pleas help me in this problem

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

As far as I know, you can't modify the system field $field in any way. It will always contain a complete list of fields.

marcus_sommer

What is the aim behind of the question? If it's a restriction to certain data within these fields and/or to exclude the access to some of the fields - this could be done user-controlled per Section Access - Qlik Community - 1493681.

- Marcus

Lakshminarayanan_J

Hi @ashu237 ,

Please find the below details for you reference,

Field I have loaded in the Apps:

JLVSNaren_0-1659532265603.png

$ Field With Restricted :

Script: =pick(match($Field,'Key','StartDate','EndDate'),'Key','StartDate','EndDate')

JLVSNaren_1-1659532319031.png

Key Note :The Purpose of $Field is to identify the list field which we have loaded in the application.

Regards,

LN

Lakshminarayanan J
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button