Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview doc cal and name cal problem! No AD

Hi guys,

recently im configuring Qlikview server without Active Directory.

To add a name call for a person i'm creating a new Windows local account (on server computer) and i'm adding that account to group Administators and Qlikview Administrators, then i'm adding a license in Qlikview Management Console (computername/user). After that when i open access point and i log in using created user login and password the access point is EMPTY, there are no dashboards to show. I've checked that a license is not leased from server.

I've also tried that in qlikview desktop in open in server mode and it also shows nothing... I really dont get it...

Best regards,

Jacek

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Click the icon next to the input field. This will get the default directory from the machine where your QMS is running. Usually this looks like: local://machinename.

Leave the username and password fields empty if the service account that is running the QlikView services is a member of the Administrators group. Whenever a red asterisk appears next to the fields, enter the credentials of a local administrator.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In QMC, did you define a DSC of type Local Directory?

• If not, then please enter a definition in the corresponding Directory Service Connector.
  • If yes, goto QMC->Users and lookup the user(s) you came to define. Do they appear in the selection list? Then check what documents they can view in the tab 'Documents'.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Okay, i did not done anything in DSC. So what should i put in path? I just write there "local" and leave the username and password empty ?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Click the icon next to the input field. This will get the default directory from the machine where your QMS is running. Usually this looks like: local://machinename.

Leave the username and password fields empty if the service account that is running the QlikView services is a member of the Administrators group. Whenever a red asterisk appears next to the fields, enter the credentials of a local administrator.

Not applicable
Author

Okay, so now the Direcotry works fine, but when i test the log in accounts on server, only the account on which Qlikview runs works... When i sign in using other account access point is empty... Maybe i should not test that on server ?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

If you can login to access point with other (not QlikView) account but you don't see any QlikView doc maybe you need the authorization to the document.

If your QlikView Server is in NTFS authorization and you don't have publisher you have to add Windows authorization on filesystem (on folder or file; the file are the QlikView docs the user want to see) to the user.