Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview plugin for Excel

Helo, I want to export data to Excel but the drag & drop function does not work. I think I need a connector for Excel plugin. Where can I download it? Is it the same one as the IE plugin? I cannot find it in the download section?

Regards, Richard

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Richard

Not sure if I'm missing something here but if all you want to do is to export data to excel, just right click on the object and select the option Send Data To Excel. You can also include the excel icon in the caption for your end users to do this.

There is no requirement for any add-in to achieve this, it all comes with the standard app.

But maybe I've mis-understood what you want.

Not applicable
Author

Well, sure I can export it but then it's static. I want to refresh the object in Excel weekly. It's part of a management document that I have to send to the management every week and I don't want to export every object manualy every week into a Excel document.

I'm sure Qlikview has an easy and clever solution for this?

Not applicable
Author

OK, now I understand.

I am using Version 8.50 and I went through a trial of getting the drag & drop functions working in PowerPoint, MS-Word and Excel some time ago as QlikTech had announced that integration with MS-Office was up and running. My trial proved to me that it really wasn't a production ready version yet so I dropped the subject.

I am sure they have improved things in Version 9 but I haven't started using that one yet.

I do know though that you don't need any plug-ins at all to make this work, you do simply drag & drop onto a document and as long as that document is located somewhere where it has access to the QVW Server then it should work. Just bear in mind my comments about trying to use this in V8.5x.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

I use version 9 and drag & drop does not work. When I try it, the excel document stays empty after "the drop".

What can be wrong?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use below VB code to export all the objects on your sheet to excel. Just Change your sheet name with yours in 'Edit Module', create a button on the report and call this macro(Properties-Actions-External-Run Macro(now provide subroutine name 'ExportBitmapExcelAll')

sub ExportBitmapExcelAll
rem ** activate all sheet objects on sheet Main one by one **
set s=ActiveDocument.Sheets("PG EIR")
for i=0 to s.NoOfSheetObjects-1
s.SheetObjects(i).Activate
next
ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.CopyBitmapToClipboard
objExcel.ActiveSheet.Paste
end sub

Thanks,

Sunil

Not applicable
Author

Hi Richard what you need to do that is to install the QV plugin for internet explorer.

You can find it on the Download page of Qlikview.

Best regards,

Sébastien

Not applicable
Author

'The plugin for IE is already installed but the drag & drop does not work. To be sure I've installed the plugin again. Still no effect.

I use Office 2003, can this be the problem?

Not applicable
Author

No I've got it and it is working fine...

Maybe there is something missing ...Also did you restart your computer after installing ?

And stupid thing did you authorized the object to be moved or dimension changed ?

Rgds,

Sébastien

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Do you need the data of a table charts on cells to use it on excel formulas ?