Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lalitkumar1
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview query to append row in excel

Hi All,

Please help me out to get the solution in qlikview code, I need to append formula row in excel file for day-1 for daily basis through qlik view macro code and i have all code but i need only one line code to append in excel row through qlikview code. Please help to get solution.

Thanks Lalit

3 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Your requirement is not clear. Could you post an example?

lalitkumar1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

For an example in vba code we can drag excel row through this code :- 

Sub appendrow()

Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a1").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Offset(1, 0).Select

Selection.FillDown
End Sub

I want the same result through qlikview.

Please help to get finished

Reg, Lalit

marcus_sommer

I don't want to say that's not possible with the vbs in QlikView (many things are quite similar and require only small syntax-adjustments but various specials of Excel, like the xl-constants may not directly work) but I think it would be more sensible and easier to solve such a task in Excel.

This might be an excel-expression which goes down to the nth row and includes an additionally condition if there are data available or not and if not return "". Such approach might require some other adjustments too if these empty cells have an impact to other calculations. But often it's not so difficult to adjust it (even if meant quite a lot of work because of the amount of places which need to be checked and/or adjusted.

Another way could be just to use this vba-code within an OnClose trigger.

- Marcus