Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview section access desktop and SSO

Hello,

Currently we have application accessible by clikview desktop and on web by SSO.

We load local users (ADMIN) like  this:

'ADMIN';'ASSM-XXX\ASSM-YYYY'

_Temp_Admins:

LOAD

ACCESS,

NTNAME

FROM

[$(vFolderSource)securite_administrateurs.csv]

(txt, utf8, embedded labels, delimiter is ';', msq);

where ASSM-XXX is the computer name and ASSM-YYYY is the windows user name.

Web users are loaded from a table in our application:

_Temp_Section_Access:

LOAD

'USER'   AS ACCESS,

USERNAME & '$(vClientName)' AS NTNAME

FROM

[$(vFolderQvd)\badger_users\users.qvd](qvd);

But when we have a new developper using clikview desktop, we must change and reload and commit all applications (60+). Is there a way to simplify this and keeping the section access ? Like by using the local network name for ADMIN users ?

Best Regards,

Hans

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear for me - after adding/adjusting a new user to the user-list from the csv and/or qvd (respectively their source) you need to change all applications - a reload isn't enough?

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Aside from Marcus' valid question, there is also something else that isn't clear to me: if you are using SSO already for the AccessPoint users, why make your life difficult and create an entirely different directory for people using the QVW in QV Desktop? Why not use their AD identity like those AccessPoint users?

It sounds to me more like a problem of distribution than of security. Do you create 60+ copies of the centrally reloaded QVW? Or are you talking about 60+ different documents that need to be distributed to users desktops/laptops?

Note that you can externalise the actual access by assigning permissions in Section Access to AD groups, and making people member of an AD group which might be easier to do in certain enterprise environments. That may free you from needing 60+ document reloads just to grant access to additional users.

Peter