Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview server off duty

Hi,

I've recently installed version 9. It's a first time install and there are no previous editions on this PC. I cannot get the Qlikview server online, it always says Off duty. I've tried stopping and restarting the services. Any ideas anyone? I'd really like to use this software in conjunction with the training courses but it's proving somewhat difficult to even get it going.

Cheers,

Amanda

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Amanda,

If possible, could you please provide some additional information:

• Do either the QlikView Management Console or QlikView Enterprise Management Console show the QlikView server as being active?
  • Are there any errors in the System Event Log?
  • Do you have multiple versions of the .Net framework installed on the machine?
  • Which web service are you using IIS or QlikView?

Regards,

Rod

Not applicable
Author

If you can get the Qlikview Management Console open, check the licenses tab. Qlikview server must have a license in order to run. If no licenses are registered, the Qlikview server will remain Off Duty.

I'm not sure how to do this without being able to see the Management Console, but I had the same problem when I installed Qlikview Server 9. All the services would be seen as running except the Qlikview server which would always be Off-Duty regardless of how many times i restarted the service.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I am having the same issue as Amanda. In the QMC the QVS shows as 'Off Duty.' I am running version 9.0 and have a full license installed. I tried other items with this error but had no luck. In regards to your questions Rod:

• The Qlikview server shows as being 'Off-Duty'
  • There do not appear to be any errors in the log
  • I am running 1.1 and 2.0 .NET framework on the machine
  • I am using Qlikview Web Service.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Denise

Not applicable
Author

Hi Denise,

Just to confirm the licence settings, if you open the QV QMC and select the Licences tab do you have a serial number in the QlikView Server Licence information section?

If yes, can you also confirm you have some content (should be 5 lines of text) in the LEF box? If not then can you make sure you have entered the correct serial number and control and then click the Apply button.

If this still doesn't work then you may have something blocking you connection when you attempt to validate your licence serial number.

Rod

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the reply Rod. Yes, I have a valid license that fills out about 5 lines of code in the LEF box. Also when I apply the license I receive a success message. I have added another admin user - stopped services - and restarted with the new QV Admin login - to no avail either. Not sure what else could be stopping the connection. I will do some more research and hopefully find a resolution.

Thanks Rod -

Denise

Not applicable
Author

do the services show up as running in the .\Administrator account or another account?

-yiling

Not applicable
Author

Yiling,

Thanks for the reply. The services do show as running. I restarted them just to verify a working connection. I even set up another admin account (as some earlier thread suggested) with no luck. I am working from a VM, but not sure what difference that would make.

Thanks,

Denise

Not applicable
Author

i am running QVS 9 and Publisher on an VM so that should not be the problem. the services must be running under a local system account, not just simply running for everything to work.

in my vm, all the Qlikview services are running as the .\Administrator account. you can see what account all your services are running as in the Log On As.. column. So far, the the .\Administrator account is the only account that has not given me any problems. I set this during Qlikview Installation when it asked for logon information.

When i had your problem, i uninstalled and reinstalled Qlikview and made sure i set the machine's administrator account to be used by Qlikview and i never had any problems since then.

if everything else you try fails, you may want to try this, although I've heard all sorts of different reasons why services that are running according to windows continue to show up as disconnected when you open up the management console.

hope this helps

-yiling

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Yiling. This helps a lot~

-Denise