Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview server off duty

Hi,

I've recently installed version 9. It's a first time install and there are no previous editions on this PC. I cannot get the Qlikview server online, it always says Off duty. I've tried stopping and restarting the services. Any ideas anyone? I'd really like to use this software in conjunction with the training courses but it's proving somewhat difficult to even get it going.

Cheers,

Amanda

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am experiencing this problem as well - in my case I have cleaned off an 8.5 install, installed Qlikview 9 and then the Qlikview Server service would not start. I got it to start by placing the LEF file in the application data/Qliktech folder, but it now shows as Off Duty with no license shown in the management console. When I entered the license details in there the server stopped and then would not restart, with no messages in the log files.

The server has access to the internet via a proxy, does it need to have direct internet access in order to be able to validate the license?

Not applicable
Author

Have a closer look on this entry

http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/18335/71588.aspx#71588

I guess it will help. I had the same "problem" because of the fact that there was still an old server (8.5) up and running, using the license key.

klausskalts
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I had the problem when some user-rights was changed for the user running the services. This is what I did:

• Get the user right on the services
  • Start the services under the new user-credentials
  • Install (repair) the QlikView Server again
  • Restart all the services

and that worked .......

Not applicable
Author

Hei,

I had the same problem and was not sure of what was going on. I tried to uninstall and reinstall QV many times but I always had the same Off Duty error.

The Answer was actually as easy as this: If you have the Lef lisence file two times you will get this error. You have to remove the file from all the servers but not from the server where you run your Server service. You find Lef file under C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\. You have to restart the services to get effect.

Best regards

Adel Hamza