Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview shows new month but won't show new financial year?

I have a QV sales model which has a dashboard with several list boxes on the front, including fiscal year. I have updated the model for April which is the first month of the fiscal year. I can select the new month (201604) but the list boxes won't update for the fiscal year.

I can go into the filter and select the 201604 but the fiscal year field is then greyed out.

I have set up a pivot table in Excel which looks at the same Access database as QV and that displays the fiscal year (2016/17) without any problems. The problem seems to be specifically QV.

Any ideas what the cause might be? Help much appreciated.

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assume your fiscal months before 201604 work well, including the link to the fiscal year?

Could you post your script or describe in more detail how you've  'updated the model for April'?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for replying. To refresh the data, I add the new month to the Access data base and then reload Qlikview. I don't amend anything else in QV at all.

The fiscal year field has always been there and 2010/11 to 2015/16 all work fine. I can see 16/17 data but the it's like QV can't see it. It's affecting any chart that looks at fiscal year rather than month.

fiscal year chart.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Sum ({<[FISCAL YEAR]={'$(vMaxFiscalYear)'},[CALENDAR MONTH]={'$(vMaxMonth)'}>}[SALES VALUE])

This is part of the Expressions tab for the dashboard. This still pulls Mar-16 data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

by using the subfield you get the output subfield(fieldname,'/')

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Seems like your new data is not interpreted correctly. The format in the access DB is still unchanged?

And could you please post your script that loads the data from DB?

(or if possible, a small sample qvw that shows your issue?)