Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arunqlik2view
Creator
Creator

Question in applying Market Basket Analysis (Support value) in Qlikview

Hi All,

I'm particulary interested in finding the Support value by Market Basket Analysis in Qlikview.

here are the details that might help you to understand my question/ problem better .

- Let's say  my data has 3000 different items 

- Total number of transactions are 1000.

- If I want to find the support value for 2 items namely ITEM A and ITEM X, then I will find how many of the transactions has both of these 2 (ITEM A,ITEM X) items sold in it , lets assume this value as AX = 40 transactions.

Now , the equation for finding the support value is  = (AX / Total number of transactions)* 100

= (40/1000) * 100

= .04 * 100

= 4

My real issue here is , How do I find this kind of association for all 3000 different items using Qlikview,  Can anyone please advice me on this question . This will be really great if someone can answers this.

Thanks in Advance,

Arun

17 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

you can use Set Analysis to make your calculation on a specific scope (AX), like this:

=sum({<Item={'A','X'}>}Measure)

and then divide it by the total

sunny_talwar

or may be this

(Count(DISTINCT {<Transactions = p({<Item = {'A'}>})*p({<Item = {'X'}>})>} Transactions)/Count(DISTINCT Transactions))*100

arunqlik2view
Creator
Creator
Author

Is there way I can do this in a for loop.

arunqlik2view
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny ,

Thanks for the reply , your equations give me the answer for the equation But how Do I this for all 3000 values in Qlikview, how do I use this in a for loop .

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

what is the main purpose for putting this into a loop on the script ?

do you want to make it dynamic ?

sunny_talwar

This comparison will always be for 2 product at a time? Because if not then we are talking about a lot of permutation and combination of items which will make it tremendously difficult to handle.

arunqlik2view
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny , Thanks for your reply ,

I used your syntax and made a slight change in it , so that I can use this syntax against all Items vs ITEM A in a bar chart and  it worked .I believe it is correct  But it would be great , if you can confirm it .

=(Count(DISTINCT {<Invoice.no = p({<Items= {'ITEM A'}>})*p({<Items>})>} Invoice.no)/Count(DISTINCT Invoice.no))*100  

Also , I Tried to make further more change by swapping 'ITEM A' as a dynamic value but it didn't work and the syntax is

=(Count(DISTINCT {<Invoice.no = p({<Items= {$}>})*p({<Items>})>} Invoice.no)/Count(DISTINCT Invoice.no))*100  

, Please advise how to make it dynamic .

arunqlik2view
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi youssef ,

Thanks for the reply,

Yes , I want to make it dynamic . Please check my reply for Sunny's

sunny_talwar

May be this

=(Count(DISTINCT {<Invoice.no = p({<Items = p(Items)>})*p({<Items>})>} Invoice.no)/Count(DISTINCT Invoice.no))*100