Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m4u
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Question regarding selections

Hello

I have the following scenario:

A table showing list of customers

When a customer is selected, a second table showing the list of service calls for that customer (several main fields for each call).

Next, when a specific service call is selected, a multibox showing all the fields from the call.

Now, the problem is as follows: When I click on the customer, I want the calls list to be filtered by customer (which happens), but when I click on the call I don't want that the list of calls to be filtered, I want it to still show all the calls of the customer.

How can I do it? If I detach the calls table, it won't get filtered at all when I select another customer..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
m4u
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi

Neither solutions worked for me as is, but you definetly pointed me at the right direction

The right one for me was this one - which excludes the selection on the PK field

=

count({$<DataEntryID=>}DataEntryID)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

Set Analysis. You can use this to ignore all selections:

Sum({1} Sales)

That's what you want to do to ignore the selected calls. But then you need to tell QlikView to respect a Customer selection. You can use:

Sum({1<Customer = {Customer}>} Sales)

That will ignore a selection on calls, but respect a selection on Customer. If no customer is selected, it will be null. If one or more are selected it will work as expected. If you want functionality other than that, it can be done, it just takes a little more work.

Not applicable

One way to do this might be to show the list of service calls in a straight table chart. Use all the fields that you want to display as dimensions and have one expression of

count({<CallID={"*"}>}1)

Assuming CallID is the primary key identifier for service calls. You can then hide this expression column on the Presentation tab to see just the details in the dimension columns. Now, selecting a customer will show the relevant service calls in the table but selecting a call will not filter the table any further because of the set expression that matches all calls for the selected customer.

Hope this makes sense. There is probably a much neater way of doing this but it works for me.

regds

Simon

m4u
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi

Neither solutions worked for me as is, but you definetly pointed me at the right direction

The right one for me was this one - which excludes the selection on the PK field

=

count({$<DataEntryID=>}DataEntryID)

m4u
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks for your help