Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QvServerPerformance.qvw failing to reload

I am trying to reload QvServerPerformance.qvw but the reload is failing with the following error(as per the log file)

MemFiles:

2/18/2010 3:51:21 PM: 0038 FROM 'C:\Program Files\QlikView\Examples\*.mem' (codepage is 65001, txt, delimiter is '\t', embedded labels)

2/18/2010 3:51:21 PM: Error: Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\QlikView\Examples\*.mem'

It was running fine earlier but now the reload is aborting with the above error. Any clue why its happening?

Forgot to add. When i am opening this qvw file in the server and reloading, its running fine. However when i am trying to reload this using publisher(reload task), its failing.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

OK, I took a look at your file. It's definitely a custom-made version. The strange thing is that it loads mem data but then does not make use of it. So unless you want to create a new design tab by cannibalizing parts of QlikView Optimizer.qvw, you can leave the Optimizer tab commented out. I uncommented the code, changed the directory to where I keep my mem files and it reloaded fine--it's just useless because the data isn't used. Leaving the code commented out will definitely get rid of your mem error and hopefully everything else should reload fine. If there are other errors, let me know.

Regards,

View solution in original post

14 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Obvious question, but does the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Examples directory on the server contain the mem files or is it your local machine that contains these files? The directory itself does not sound right either--why would your mem files be outputted to an examples directory?

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

well... C:\Program Files\QlikView\Examples directory on the server contain the mem files.

Also We can generate mem files elsewhere as well if needed. But the point I am stressing is when i am opening this qvw in server and reloading, it runs fine. But when I am scheduling it, it fails with the above error message.

But if I change the path of mem files, the qvw doc will run fine?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Oh, I see. In that case, the directory does not matter. You're saying that if you manually start the task in QEMC is works, right? Is your Publisher account a local admin with Logon-As-Service rights in the group policy? I would also try to install QlikView Desktop on the server and (a) see if you can reload the file in the server locally (you'll need to lease a license first) and (b) if (a) works, then see if the scheduling issue is fixed.

I've seen (and suffered from) scheduling issues as well--after analyzing the problems I was experiencing, I've come to the conclusion that it's a bug in SR2 that causes scheduling of some tasks to fail, because in theory there is no reason that scheduling a task shouldn't work if the task can be started manually. It's possible this bug is resolved in SR3, but I'm not sure yet...

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

My bad again.. we are running 8.5 SP6 in our servers... Also the publisher account runs with an admin user... so using qlikview developer, if I open this qvw and reload it, it runs fine.. But when i manually run it via ControlPanel, it aborts..

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

One more quick question: how is it that your QvServerPerformance is looking for mem files and not log files (which is what it reads by default)? It might be helpful if you attached it here.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

well.. The optimizer tab in the script has this code to read the mem files. Shd I comment all the code in the Optimizer tab if QlikView can read everything from log files?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You seem to have a strange version of QvServerPerformance. The standard version does not have an Optimizer tab. There is a separate file that came with 8.5 called QlikView Optimizer.qvw. Also, in answer to your question, log files are different from mem files and both have their uses. Mem files are primarily used to find memory-hungry objects in a QVW. In any event, it's kind of difficult to troubleshoot this without having the file that you're using. Please attach the file to your next post.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

attaching the qvw file. Please have a look and let me know. I have commented all the code in the optimizer tab. Please uncomment them and check.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

OK, I took a look at your file. It's definitely a custom-made version. The strange thing is that it loads mem data but then does not make use of it. So unless you want to create a new design tab by cannibalizing parts of QlikView Optimizer.qvw, you can leave the Optimizer tab commented out. I uncommented the code, changed the directory to where I keep my mem files and it reloaded fine--it's just useless because the data isn't used. Leaving the code commented out will definitely get rid of your mem error and hopefully everything else should reload fine. If there are other errors, let me know.

Regards,