Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qvw file size is more

Hi,

I have a qvw file with size 229,680 KB. will it cause any problem if I make this file availble in access point. And any server issues if I schedule in reload engine.  Please can anyone let me know this.

Thanks.

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

ok if the users access count exceeds 100 then it will create a problem correct?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Amelia

There's no hard user limit - in addition to the RAM for the model, each user connected to the model needs some state space, typically about 10% of the RAM used by the model. Although this varies, it is a reasonable rule of thumb. So if you have 10 users connected simultaneously, the RAM requirements will be nearly double that of one user.

For example:

If your model takes 1GB in RAM, then 100 users would require 1GB + 100 x (10% of 1GB), ie about 11GB.

Of course, you need to confirm these figures in your application. See how much RAM is used by one user connected (and performing normal selections an navigation in the model), and then see how much RAM is used when 2 or 3 are connected. This will give you handle on the initial RAM, and the state space for each user.

So 100 simultaneous users may not be a problem, provided you have enough licenses.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

It is hard to tell.

It depends on the structure of the application, on the dimension provided by the application, of the number of level in each dimension, on the analysis made by each user....

An macro estimation of the RAM used in the server is :

1*<size of the QVW> + <number of users>*<size of the QVW>*5%

The best is to check the RAM consumption often at the beginning.

I hope this help a little