Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

RE:Perfomance

Hi,

what are the sollutions to increase the perfomance of the dashboard,..?

can any one help me on this...any procedure to follow?or there are any steps please let me know.

Thank you

Suresh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Reload time is affected by how much data you are loading and how this data is loaded,

usually:

(slower) Databases time > Text files > QVD Files (faster)

I recommend you using Tools | Qlikview Cookbook "Script Log Analyser" in order to identify which steps of your script are slower

Memory comsumption is affected mainly by your data model (Search community for "Data Model")

I recommend you using Tools | Qlikview Cookbook "QV Document Analyzer" which objects are taking more time to render

And of couse, thanks rwunderlich‌, for sharing so usefull tools

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

First of all, which bottlenecks are you experiencing?

1. Reload time?
  2. Memory comsumption?
  3. CP?
  4. Slow response time in your dashboard?
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Some ideas...

Make sure your data model is in a star or snowflake schema.

Minimise use of Data islands

Avoid Synthetic keys

Only bring through the fields you are using in the Dashboard.

Only bring through the data that is relevant to the Dashboard.  If they are only interested in Last 2 years data don't bring through historical.

Hope this helps

Regards

Andy

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Recommended reading: Performance

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

thank u fr response

i want reload time and memory consumption?Clever Anjos

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Reload time is affected by how much data you are loading and how this data is loaded,

usually:

(slower) Databases time > Text files > QVD Files (faster)

I recommend you using Tools | Qlikview Cookbook "Script Log Analyser" in order to identify which steps of your script are slower

Memory comsumption is affected mainly by your data model (Search community for "Data Model")

I recommend you using Tools | Qlikview Cookbook "QV Document Analyzer" which objects are taking more time to render

And of couse, thanks rwunderlich‌, for sharing so usefull tools

pratap6699
Creator
Creator

use QVD files,using caliculated fields in script level,finally construct STAR datamodel,using variables,avoid macros,use container object,use set expressions instead of if condition