Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Range Sum - cummulative sums with limit date using set analysis

Hi Developers,

I'm trying to do cummulative sums for 12 months in bar chart within specific year regardless current selected month:

MO_ID is kind of sum.

Month = Miesiac

sty - Jan

lut - Feb...

...gru - Dec

My expression:

=sum({$<Month=>}aggr(rangesum( ABOVE( sum({$<ID_Month= {"<=$(=Max({1} ID_Miesiąc))"}, Month=, MO_ID={1}>}Amount),0,12) ),ID_Month))

This is working like this:

Problem with cummulative.jpg

When i have 2016 i am limited with max ID_Month - 2 (it is the last closed month)

-

=sum({$<Month=, ID_Month={'<=2'}>}aggr(rangesum( ABOVE( sum({$<ID_Month= {"<=$(=Max({1} ID_Miesiąc))"}, Month=, MO_ID={1}>}Amount),0,12) ),ID_Month)

Result with this expression is:

Year Month.jpg

And this result above i would to get in my chart but only in 2016. As you can see above -

I have year 2016 in lut - February so when i set the expression if(Year='2016',...) this will be working only in one row,

i want them all in 2016.

Please save me and help me,

thank you in advance !

Jacek Antek

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok now should be ok.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

This order of aggr() dimension values is important for the rangesum(Above()), so maybe just

=sum({$<Miesiąc=, ID_Miesiąc={'<=2'}>}aggr(rangesum( ABOVE( sum({$<ID_Miesiąc= {"<=$(=Max({1} ID_Miesiąc))"}, Miesiąc=, MO_ID={1}>}KwotaW),0,12) ),Rok,ID_Miesiąc))

?

edit: Well, maybe I got lost in your sample. What exactely is your requested result for the selection of 2016 and lut?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks swuehl, unfortunately your solution is too simple to get worked 😉

I want to have if(Rok='2016', show aggregation only for Sty and Lut -

=sum({$<Miesiąc=, ID_Miesiąc={'<=2'}>}aggr(rangesum( ABOVE( sum({$<ID_Miesiąc= {"<=$(=Max({1} ID_Miesiąc))"}, Miesiąc=, MO_ID={1}>}KwotaW),0,12) ),Rok,ID_Miesiąc))

, and if you have Rok = '2015' show all month with cummulative sums:

=sum({$<Miesiąc=>}aggr(rangesum( ABOVE( sum({$<ID_Miesiąc= {"<=$(=Max({1} ID_Miesiąc))"}, Miesiąc=, MO_ID={1}>}KwotaW),0,12) ),Rok,ID_Miesiąc))

sums.png

The problem is when i have Rok = '2015' it is connected with month which i selected.

So my "if" will be working only there where i have Rok. In 2016 i want to have Rok not only where i selected. I want to have this as well in Jan and in Feb.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

This should show the year in all dimension lines

=Only({<Miesiąc=>}Rok)

But maybe you just need to filter in your set expression instead of using an if() statement, like

=sum({$<Miesiąc=, ID_Miesiąc={'<=2'}, Rok *= {2016}>}aggr(rangesum( ABOVE( sum({$<ID_Miesiąc= {"<=$(=Max({1} ID_Miesiąc))"}, Miesiąc=, MO_ID={1}>}KwotaW),0,12) ),Rok,ID_Miesiąc))

or use conditional expressions?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, it is working - =Only({<Miesiąc=>}Rok):

working.jpg

but when i set this in expression in my model there was still problem with this.

I upgraded my expression and now it is working and looking like that:

=if(Only({<Miesiąc=, ID_Miesiąc=>}Rok)=2016,

sum({$<Miesiąc=, Kwartał=, ID_Miesiąc= {"<=2"}, Rok = {2016}>}aggr(rangesum( ABOVE( sum({$<ID_Miesiąc= {"<=$(=Max({1} ID_Miesiąc))"}, Kwartał=,Miesiąc=, MO_ID={1}>}KwotaW),0,12) ),ID_Miesiąc))

So the key was to aggregate Rok except of current selections.

Thank You swuehl for your help !

Jacek Antek