Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
priyav24
Creator II
Creator II

Range of Values to be selected??

Hi,

I have a project where customer would like to enter the from And to Customer (in a drop-down list box) then all the customers within the range should be selected.

For Example,

We have customer say,A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z..

If the customer enters the FromCustomer as A and ToCustomer as I..then the Customers A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I  Should be selected..

Thanks in Advance,

Priya

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi Priya,

Did you try my attachment?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

In real life scenario, it is hardly logical that you can tell that select FROM this customer TO that customer unless you have some numeric values like CustomerID field and you want to use that field for the same. Or, with another possibility- you might want to implement the string sort method to say that this customer is greater/smaller than that user.

Can you please explain your real scenario?

priyav24
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks@Tresesco,

We do have a customerId like'3MEALCF' which is string value..

The Real Scenerio is,

Our Client want to view the report for certain range of customers by entering the from and to customers.

Not applicable

Hello Priya,

The first approach that comes in mind, is to have another column along with Customer Names , sorted and incremented in the order you want.

And when a To and From range is selected, then we should play with the numeric keys associated with Customer names.

Thanks,

ASINGH

priyav24
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Angad Singh thanks,can you explain a bit more

Herewith i have also attached sample qvw for your reference..

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi Priya,

PFA, hope it gives you an idea for way forward.

Edit: Used alternate state, so QV11 is required.

Not applicable

Hello Priya,

Please find attached file which uses the approach I mentioned.

Thanks,

Angad

priyav24
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Angad Singh..But i dont have a numeric value ...

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi Priya,

Did you try my attachment?

priyav24
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ya but in your attachment numeric value custid  was there..there is no numeric value in my app.Anyhow i used slider object as a alternative solution.Thank you very much for the soluction Angad Singh