Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason1
Contributor III
Contributor III

RangeAvg to be calculated for a column based on a range determined by a value in another column

I have a Shipment Count chart table consisting of the dimensions [Day Month], [year] and the expression [Count] which is a count of individual shipments for each [Day Month] (eg. "25 Feb"") and [year] (specifically 2019 and then 2020). I have just added a new expression "RangeAvg (Above(Count,0,RowNo()))" which does a RangeAvg for all the values in the [Count] field. For the first [Count] field value (top row), the RangeAvg will equal the [Count] field value, but starting with the second [Count] field, the RangeAvg does an average of that field and all the ones above it.

Here is my question: Since my data runs across 2 years (2019 and 2020) and does NOT include all months in each year (its only 18 Feb to 17 Mar for each year), I want the RangeAvg function to restart from zero once it crosses from a row with year=2019 to a row with year=2020. So in a sense I want to group my data by year with regard to RangeAvg.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks

Jason

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Seems like it is already resetting, isn't it?

image.png

If it was not resetting, you would have seen a different number for 18Feb and not 106 which is equal to the count of 106, right?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Seems like it is already resetting, isn't it?

image.png

If it was not resetting, you would have seen a different number for 18Feb and not 106 which is equal to the count of 106, right?

Jason1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for pointing that out! I did just see it myself and was about to post.