This field is required.
Only these extensions are allowed(.jpg, .JPG, .jpeg, .JPEG, .gif, .GIF, .png, .PNG)
Tags cannot contain the characters ' /, \\, #, ?, or ; >,< '
Only these extensions are allowed(.zip,.ZIP,.pdf,.PDF,.qvf,.QVF,.qvw,.QVW)
Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.
can any one explain what are the measures to be taken for designing a good data model when ever we load data into qlik?
you can get n number of help on community from previous post. Also you can use help section from qlik.
Below are few documents from community
View solution in original post
1. Initial data load with proper connection strings.
2. Load individual tables, then Join/Concatenate/Mapping/Keep based on data, fields.
3. Clear most of the Synthetic keys to make tables are Clear
4. Follow renaming, alias, Qualify, UnQualify to make tables as independent.
5. Create / translate coded values.
6. Follow naming standards, Code updates (Add comments to identify modifications easily)
7. Deriving new fields by Data aggregations.
8. Unit test on data accuracy.
9. Debug script for data load.
10. Create loops to update, instead of more script creation.
11. Sequence generation with different functions to avoid data loss.
12. Follow these steps to n no.of times to avoid other issues.
Then better data model created.