Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olivetwist
Creator
Creator

Read XML from files on SharePoint list

I have an Infopath for that stores to SharePoint. Something is corrupt in the form and occasionally the last line of XML code has invalid characters. I have a script that loops through each file and reads the code and if the invalid characters are found it flags the file and stores the filename and section of code into a table so I can open and correct it. For this to work, I have to open the SharePoint site before reloading. If I don't open it in Explorer it can't find the file location and skips that part of the script. As a work around, I used VBA code to force an Explorer window to open prior to reload.The issue I run into is that this sometimes hangs up due to Security levels. The "Allow Macros" pop up appears. If I am not in front of our scheduler while it is reloading i will not see the pop up and it will then hang and and cause delays in our process. Does anyone know a better way to do this?

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe you could use a batch instead of a macro to open the explorer maybe triggerred per EXECUTE statement within the qlikview-load.

WindowsXP: Datei Explorer per Batch aufrufen

- Marcus

olivetwist
Creator
Creator
Author

Yep, that will do it. Sometimes I try to be too fancy instead of going with a simple solution.