Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reading a set of ID numbers through QlikView?

Hi,

I am still becoming familiar with Qlik View. I have many users who are asking if there is a way in QlikView to

read or import a set of unique ID numbers and produce results for this group on a particular tab without having to reload the

qvw's each time. Is there anyone who has any suggestions or help or if this is doable within this product?

Need help.

Thank you,

Lucy

8 Replies
bgerchikov
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Lucy,

Not sure what you're trying to achieve.

Every List box in QlikView shows unique values. You just need to create one. If you want to export values (possible or selected) you can use right click menu on this object. Another way is to create a button and use Actions/External/Export functionality.

Hope it will help.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Do they want to select a large group of values using an external file? For example, they have an excel file that contains 900 OrderID values and they want to select those same 900 OrderIDs in the document?

-Rob

bgerchikov
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Maybe Direct Discovery could be an option, but not sure how it works with flat files.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

Not applicable
Author

Hi Boris,

I should clarify, I am trying to read a set of unique ID numbers from an excel spreadsheet. The user

wants to use QlikView to pulls counts, graphs based on a particular set of ID's.

Thank you so much.

-Lucy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Yes, exactly. They want to use the unique ID numbers from the excel spreadsheet and run counts and

limit the results from these 900 ID's by using the list boxes already set up in the qvw document.

One example, is searching for those who an address in a particular state from this set of 900 ID's.

Any suggestions would be most appreciative.

Best,

Lucy

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you search the forum for "paste selection" you'll find several examples such as the one here:

Copy and paste selections

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Great. I will review the copy and paste option and give it a try.

Thank you so much.

Best,

Lucy