Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

Reference Current Dimension value in Set Analysis

Hello,

I have a straight table with a dimension of year (2008,2009,2010,2011).  I also have another field called year2, and there is no appropriate link between year and year2, year2 has no association.  What I want to do is get a total of sales as one of my expressions in my straight table based on the value of the dimension of the chart.  For instance:

sum({$<year2={WhateverTheYearImOnInTheChart} Sales)

So it would show:

2008 - $1000

2009 - $500

etc.

Could someone tell me how I could pass the dimension value (WhateverTheYearImOnInTheChart) to my set analysis expression?

Thank you!

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

A Set selection is executed once for the entire chart, so you can't vary by dimension. Instead use an if statement.

sum(if(year2=year, Sales))

-Rob

joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Makes since, but it didn't work.  I believe it is treating year2 and year as text values and saying it never equals.  I'm attaching a sample based on the formula above.

joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I don't think I described very well what I want to have happen, on the 2011 record, based on my test data, I want 500 displayed and so on, since year2 of 2010 is year of 2011.