Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Referencing expression from row above

Hello,

I have tried using the Above() function for this, but it is not working as I hoped or I am doing something wrong. The attached spreadsheet illustrates the type of calcs and functionality I am looking to replicate in QV. I am assuming that I start with $100 in cash and buy something so the ending balance is the starting balance less what I have bought. The beginning balance for the next row is the ending balance from the row above. For each row > 1 I earn interest on the beginning cash balance which becomes part of the ending cash balance.

I need to make the "something" that I buy/sell dynamic in that the user can enter a "multiplier" to increase the size and have everything dynamically recalculate. The calc I cannot figure out is the beginning cash balance for RowNum > 1

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

The problem was that Net BuySell is null and when you do something like this

Not Null + Null = Null

But, this works

RangeSum(Not Null, Null) = Not Null

I hope this will clarify your doubts.

I would suggest closing this thread by marking Correct and/or helpful responses so that future visitors can benefits here.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

End share calculation seems different, otherwise it seems to be working

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny!

I have to admit I am not really sure why the RangeSum function is necessary, but it seems to work. I will have to read up to understand your solution better.

Chris

sunny_talwar

The problem was that Net BuySell is null and when you do something like this

Not Null + Null = Null

But, this works

RangeSum(Not Null, Null) = Not Null

I hope this will clarify your doubts.

I would suggest closing this thread by marking Correct and/or helpful responses so that future visitors can benefits here.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny