Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II

Relabelling Class Function Groups

Hoping someone can help. I've used the class function to group ages to produce a bar chart. However, the labels on the X axis are not very clear as to what they refer (e.g. 20 <= 21 < rather than 20 to 29.). The calculated dimension looks like this - =Class(Age,10,Age). I've seen where some have added text boxes to cover up the labels, but is there a way of actually customising the labels?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Matt

13 Replies
JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

can you post a screenshot before and after please ?

mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II
Author

See attached.

M

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

i suppose you could wrap it in a  If(  not Isnull()   )  condition to only render if its a legitimate grouping.  I'm not sure where that group comes from though if the regular class() didn't yield such a bucket. If i were to guess, there may be  NULLs in the data model that show up with this methodology (but not with class() )  and we now have to manually suppress them.

=

if( not isnull(left( Class( Age, 10), findoneof( Class( Age, 10),' ',1)) ),

left( Class(Age, 10), findoneof( Class( Age, 10),' ',1))

& ' to ' &

( Num(mid( Class( Age, 10), findoneof( Class( Age, 10),' ',4)))-1)

)

You may need to 'suppress nulls' on the dimension tab properties too. not sure becuase i don't get this result with my test data to test against.

mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Jonathan. It works! Much appreciated for all the support.

Matt

--

Matt Phillip

Academic Administration Officer (Strategic Planning)

Planning Office

Abertay University

The University of Abertay Dundee is a charity registered in Scotland, No: SC016040