Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Relative numbers according to a dimension

Hello,

I could use some help about relative numbers according to a dimension.

I have a regular "pie chart" with a relative number showing the percentages of "Volume" by Company. What i want to show, is the development of this % of volume through time. Either using a stacked bar chart, or a line bar.

The problem i have is that when i add as one dimension "Years" and a second dimension "Company", the relative numbers become relative to the whole timeframe, example

CompanyA CompanyB

Year1 7% 7%

Year 2 8% 6%

YearN % %

Instead of the volumes of companyA and companyB add 100% each year.

I hope i can explain myself.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I'm guessing you might have a formula written like this:

sum(Volume)/sum(total Volume)

You would only have to do a small change to calculate the total volume per year, like this:

sum(Volume)/sum(total <Year> Volume)

That should do the trick, notice the expr sum(Volume) is only for explanation, I know it should be much more complicated but the idea remains the same.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I'm guessing you might have a formula written like this:

sum(Volume)/sum(total Volume)

You would only have to do a small change to calculate the total volume per year, like this:

sum(Volume)/sum(total <Year> Volume)

That should do the trick, notice the expr sum(Volume) is only for explanation, I know it should be much more complicated but the idea remains the same.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! That worked great! Do you know where i can find documentation about the expression's programming language? I mean the use of , and i've seen others using { } and other signs.

Cheers!

Not applicable
Author

The syntax you are pointing is set analysis and you can find documentation on this topic within the QlikView Help menu tab, however, I think being in QlikCommunity has helped me a lot. You can learn a lot of syntax a funnction in no time.

Regards