Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Release Individual Dashboard from QVS.exe memory

Hi Everyone

I have 4 dashboard that shows up under QVStatistics Open document. I am assuming these are the ones which user must have access at some point and now is in memory.

2 out of 4 dashboard is 400mb each so i am assuming that in memory first time load will be 400mb X~5% + 10% as each user connects to it. (let me know if my assumption is correct)

if above is true then killing 1 dashboard from memory will help me do things that I want to accomplish. My question is:

How can I release memory from one of the dashboard without killing QVS.exe. is it possible to do so?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See Documents - User Documents - select a document - Server - Performance.

Try to set a value for the "Document Timeout", for example 10 minutes or 30 minutes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See Documents - User Documents - select a document - Server - Performance.

Try to set a value for the "Document Timeout", for example 10 minutes or 30 minutes.

Not applicable
Author

You can change the Session timeout in

QEMC > System > Setup > Qlikview Server > Performance > and change 'Possible session timeout' and 'Maximum inactive session timeout'

Test2.png

Not applicable
Author

can you change the time out and will it take in affect right away.

Lets say a document is in memory and time out setting is at 2 hours. I notice that my qlikview server is running out of memory, can I change 2 hours to 30 minutes and apply. Would that change take effect right away.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maybe not right away - but it is for you to try.  And tell us if you don't mind...