Skip to main content

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
CUSTOMERS ONLY: Now accepting customer applications for the 2023 Luminary Program: SUBMIT NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload Error only when "scheduled"

I recently ran into an issue with one of my qvws that would successfully reload when using the desktop client on the server but it would error out whenever I scheduled it using the Management Console.  There were no "errors" in the Document Log to help me.  Here is the only clue I had:

5/17/2013 07:06:11.2999765 Information 5/17/2013 7:06:11 AM:       Error: Table not found

5/17/2013 07:06:11.2999765 Information 5/17/2013 7:06:11 AM:       General Script Error

5/17/2013 07:06:11.2999765 Information 5/17/2013 7:06:11 AM:       Execution Failed

5/17/2013 07:06:11.2999765 Information 5/17/2013 7:06:11 AM:      Execution finished.

I couldn't figure out why this table wasn't being created and therefore causing this error when I tried to drop it.

It turns out that the case sensitivity in some statements are different if you are using desktop client vs. a Task to do the reload.  Here was my problem.  This was my original statement that was my root cause:


//store the folder path of this qvw

let ActiveQVWFilePath=replace(DocumentPath( ),DocumentName( ),'');

//navigate to the Source Data tree instead of the QlikView Apps tree.

let vfilepath = replace('$(ActiveQVWFilePath)', 'QlikView Apps', 'Source Data');

This worked locally but not on the server.  By executing some trace statements and reviewing the Document Log.  I realized the Task reload was not doing the replace correctly and therefore not finding the files I was trying to load.  So I took a shot at converting everything to UPPER CASE and it worked!!!!


//store the folder path of this qvw

let ActiveQVWFilePath=upper(replace(DocumentPath( ),DocumentName( ),''));

//navigate to the Source Data tree instead of the QlikView Apps tree.

let vfilepath = replace('$(ActiveQVWFilePath)', 'QLIKVIEW APPS', 'SOURCE DATA');

I hope this helps someone else.

P.S.  This is a good video for an introduction to troubleshooting reload issues.  http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3868

0 Replies