Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload fails

Hi,

I created a model whose size is about 1.4GB.

This model it's been running for a long time but now I'm having some problems with the reload.

It's reloaded every hour and when the model runs correctly it takes about 40 min, when the model is in the last phase of the load (creating syn tables and dictionary) the virtual size of the .QVB file reaches 10GB.

The last days the .QVB file reaches only 3GB in the last phase and the load never ends. I think that is not a server limitation because I have daily models whose size and quantity of reached virtual memory is similar that work correctly.

I have tried too to run the model manually but nothing change...

Any idea of what to do?

Thanks,

David

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Sorry to say that you just need to modify your table mapping or schema, no other alternate.

One option i can suggest is just blindly concatenate both of the tables that are creating synthetic key, may be this can help you.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Tried to avoid all possible synthetic keys fitst. Creation of synthetic keys after reload takes a lot of time and its a performance hinderer.

Cheers.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have one synthetic key, a large one but only one...

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

One is some times fine but with how many fields it is creating? Can you please share the table viewer snapshot.

Cheers.

SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

better to not have synthetic Key Check the model and remove by renaming .

and try to use left join somewhere

for ex

I have invoice table and invoice adjustment table the I will left join Adjustment table with invoice.

Thanks

Sunil

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

There are 28 fields in the syn table

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Sorry to say that you just need to modify your table mapping or schema, no other alternate.

One option i can suggest is just blindly concatenate both of the tables that are creating synthetic key, may be this can help you.

Cheers.

Not applicable
Author

Comment out all those 28 fields if the data is repeating in another table. If you think the data is required and you do not want to comment those fields, just rename those fields so that it will not match the field name in another table. Another reason for taking so much time, is might be you are joining some very big tables and it is trying to produce cartesian product.