Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anguila
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Reload in debug not working (odbc error) in SR6

Hi,

When I'm trying to reload in debug mode with a limited charge (i.e: 1000) in Qlikview Desktop SR6,SR5,SR4,SR3 I got this odbc error:

SQL # # f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] Connection is busy with results for another hstmt

[SQL query here..]

But if I do a full reload (CTRL+R), it works perfectly.

This happens until the last upgrade from Qlikview Desktop SR3 to SR5.

Update: I downgraded to SR6 to SR2 and finally it worked in SR2.., but I want to be in SR6 for some bug fixes.

Any idea??

Thanks

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did u able to resolve this? i find same issue

anguila
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

As I said in the las update, the only option that worked for me was downgrade to QV Desktop SR2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My case, it was different;

I asked to bring same field twice from table into qlikview in load and select. That is why, it has given this error. Once I removed, it worked fine.

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi David,

Any luck with the reload issue in debug mode, Recently i upgraded one of my client development env to SR6.

And getting same issue , when in debugging mode it throws same error, but on full reload it works fine.

I believe it must be a bug in this version.

Regards,

Vasim

Not applicable

Hi Vasim,

I had the same problems as you both had, but instead of downgrading i found a way to work around it.

this is my connection string now;

ODBC CONNECT32 TO ****(XUserId is *********, XPassword is ************);

SQL SELECT "code"

FROM "*****".dbo."Reg";

ODBC CONNECT32 TO *****(XUserId is ********, XPassword is ************);

SQL SELECT "Money", "code" as parts

FROM "****".dbo."Parts";

so whenever you want to run another query just add the connection string in front of it and the problem is solved.

So i guess the error is that it "forgets" how/where to connect to...

Anyway hope this helps.

GL

Marcus

rnorris
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi, just wanted to say, I had an issue where the Qlik Sense Debugger would fail every other reload, with what should have been a simple series of extracts from the same DB. Doing the above (repeating the "lib connect to" before each one) fixed the issue. Sometimes the debugger would say "Field not found" but sometimes would find it ok.

In case anyone is searching for the same problem and comes across this thread.