Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reloading Script on a Server

Hi,

I just uploaded one of my qlikview files to a server so that it can be accessed from web UI. However, on the web UI, my reload button no longer works. I define a variable called RowNum and created a variable box to change that value. My document imports data from SQL using "SQL SELECT TOP $(RowNum)". On the desktop version, if I clicked the reload button after setting RowNum to a new value, the data loaded changes, however, on the web UI, the reload no longer works.

Thanks for the help!

4 Replies
Colin-Albert

On a server, the reload is scheduled as a task against the document and is not an option that can be run by users on demand either from a button or macro.  You will need to schedule the server to reload the document.

Nicole-Smith

Reload buttons only work in IE Plugin, not in AJAX.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The primary reload method for QVS-based applications, as Colin Albert has said, is by the scheduled tasks.

But, there is also EDX task that allows other triggering, including button click.  See this discussion:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2650

I used it and worked ( Nicole Smith - AJAX too ).  In your case, there is a complication - you want to use a variable in the script.  I didn't try this, so you'll try on your own and tell us.

Nicole-Smith

I guess I should have mentioned that this is what doesn't work in AJAX (I thought this was what the original post was referring to):

From QV help:

Reload Performs a reload on the current document. This function does not work in AJAX client.

Thanks for clarifying Michael Solomovich